February is National Cancer Prevention month. According to the American Cancer Society, “In 2014, about 585,720 Americans are expected to die of cancer, almost 1,600 people per day. …” Among them could be your loved ones or significant others. Thus, it is so critical for everybody to lower cancer risks and build up cancer defenses.
Here are the top 5 ways to defend your body against cancer, as a message from Cancer Prevention Daily:
- Nurture your body by maintaining a healthy, balanced diet.
- Move your body by being physically active.
- Protect your body from tobacco smoking and cancer-causing agents (from UV radiation to environmental pollutants and toxic chemicals).
- Relax your body by reducing stress and having enough sleep.
- Care for your body by getting cancer screening tests and watching cancer warning signs.
Together, let’s make cancer prevention a health priority all-year-around, not just in February.
Image credit: By Ambrozjo